Friday, July 6, 2007

UC Irvine Wins Division I-AAA All-Sports Trophy

UC Irvine Wins Division I-AAA All-Sports Trophy
UCI honored by Athletic Directors Association

July 5, 2007

Division I-AAA ADA Release at:
http://nacda.cstv.com/sports/div1aaaada/spec-rel/070307aaa.html

IRVINE, Calif. --- UC Irvine, on the strength of an amazing spring sports season, has received the Division I-AAA Athletics Directors Association All-Sports Trophy for 2006-07. The annual award is given to the best all-around sports program in Division I-AAA (non-football schools).

The Anteaters were led by their national championship in men's volleyball and their third place showing in baseball. UC Irvine also scored in women's golf (19th), men's swimming (25th), women's tennis and swimming (33rd) and men's golf (58th).

No comments: