Wednesday, December 6, 2006

Buckeye State Bound

The 'Eaters are heading out to Ohio St. University to play the buckeyes in a weekend scrimmage. I wish I could be there but I've got to save my Frequent Flier Miles for other trips this year being that I plan on seeing the team quite a bit on the road. The team is looking alright even with the loss of Paul Spittle (the little OH that could)-- it's tough to replace a fiery competitor like that on the court. Considering J-Blo, Webber, Smith, Big Red, Thorny and the Soopa-Troopa-Brent-Asuka will be back on the court the next starting OH is going to have to mesh with the team chemistry. Who's it going to be? One of the fab 50 freshman that Coach Speraw picked up? Maybe he'll go with an upper classman in Mel. Maybe Speraw will go with the "youth movement" and go with the 6'7" Wilson. You've got Simpon serving up wiffle balls with his nasty float serves and cleaning up the back row when called upon as well as a bunch of guys that are pretty talented that want to see PT. I can't wait to see what the 'Eaters look like in '07!

No comments: